The Silhouette Cameo brings your creativity to life. It is an immensely popular machine that helps create custom projects for home, business, school, or hobby. It is an electronic cutting machine which has a blade designed to cut over 100 different materials easily.
The Silhouette Cameo is controlled through the Silhouette Studio software, installed in a computer. The Cameo has a large cutting area and is versatile in the type of materials it can cut. With an infinite number of designs that materials can be cut into; the possibilities are endless.
As the Silhouette Cameo requires a laptop or computer for it to function, it is important to use the right computer for the most seamless operation of the machine.
Let us find out which is the best laptop for Silhouette Cameo.
Best Laptop for Silhouette Cameo
1. Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop for Silhouette Cameo
The Acer Aspire E15 is a laptop with powerful performance and excellent features. It is a great choice for a variety of purposes and the Silhouette Cameo is one of them. The notable features of the Acer Aspire E15 laptop are:
- With the 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor, the Acer Aspire E15 has powerful processing capabilities with longer battery life and high-quality entertainment at all times. The processor speed is 1.6 GHz.
- It has a Full HD 15.6-inch widescreen LED-lit display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Featuring the NVIDIA GeForce MX150 with 2GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM, the laptop provides an amazing visual experience.
- It has smooth and fast wireless connectivity with the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi that provides an exceptional experience.
- It has a RAM size of 8 GB.
- Its dimensions are 15.02 x 10.2 x 1.19 inches.
- The laptop weighs 5.27 lbs.
2. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
The Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop is one of the most powerful laptops in the market. With ultra-fast speeds and excellent graphics, the laptop becomes one of the most sought after. Let’s take a look at its features now:
- Its 8th generation Intel Core i7-8750H 6-core processor with Windows 10 Home 64 bit is among the best ones out there. The processor speed is 4.1 GHz.
- It features the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 overclockable graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM.
- The 15.6-inch Full HD panel has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The widescreen LED-lit display features the IPS technology which ensures consistent colors from all angles.
- The super-fast 256GB SSD and 16GB DDR4 memory accelerates boot-up times and shortens loading times.
- It has a rapid refresh rate of 144Hz, which is commendable. This shortens the time taken for frame rendering, reduces input lag and provides an excellent in-game experience.
- The Predator Helios 300 is VR ready.
- Its dimensions are 15.35 x 10.47 x 1.05 inches.
- The laptop weighs 5.51 lbs.
3. Microsoft Surface Book 2 for Silhouette Cameo
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 is a handy computer device which can be used either as a laptop or as a tablet. It offers great portability and flexibility. Add to that its great performance with some exciting features. Let’s take a look at them:
- The Microsoft Surface Book 2 features an 8th generation Intel Quad Core i7 processor.
- It features the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 discrete GPU with 6GB GDDR5 graphics memory.
- The laptop is lightweight and offers up to 17 hours of battery life.
- It has a display resolution of 3260 x 2160 pixels.
- It has four versatile modes of usage – Laptop mode, Tablet mode, Studio and View mode.
- Its dimensions are 13.5 x 9.87 x 0.9 inches.
- The laptop weighs 4.2 lbs.
- The Surface Book 2 also has some interesting accessories to enhance the user experience.
- The Surface Precision Mouse, the Surface Pen and the Surface Dial provide a completely new view of interacting with the laptop, while providing exceptional accuracy and control.
4. Apple MacBook Pro 15” Retina
Apple sets the bar higher with each of its devices, and the MacBook Pro is no exception. Among the most popular and sought after laptops in the market today, the MacBook Pro is a laptop that will surprise you with its all-round performance. Let’s go through its features to see if it is worth the price tag:
- It features the famous Retina display with True Tone technology. The 15.4-inch LED-backlit display comes with IPS technology. Its display resolution is 2880 x 1800 pixels, at 220 pixels per inch and an aspect ratio of 16:10.
- The laptop features a 2.2GHz 6-core 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo boost up to 4.1GHz.
- The MacBook Pro features the one-of-a-kind Touch Bar in the keyboard designed to increase productivity. The Touch Bar offers functions customized to your usage and preferences.
- It features the Radeon Pro discrete GPU, combined with 4GB of GDDR5 memory standard, providing excellent performance even for professional tasks.
- The laptop’s keyboard features a butterfly mechanism, which provides 4 times more stability than the traditional scissor mechanism and great comfort.
- Its dimensions are 13.75 x 9.48 x 0.61 inches
- The laptop weighs 4.02 lbs.
5. Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 for Silhouette Cameo
The New Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop is an impressive device with great performance, keeping up with the high standards of performance promised by Lenovo’s Yoga series.
Let’s check out its features:
- It features an 8th generation Intel Core i5-8250U mobile processor.
- The 15.6” display is a full HD 10-point multi-touch screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, delivering impressive color and clarity. The display features IPS technology for wide viewing angles.
- It has a 360o flip-and-fold design, which enables four modes to choose from – Laptop, Tablet, tent and stand.
- The Intel UHD Graphics 620 with shared video memory provides decent image quality for everyday use, basic photo editing and casual gaming.
- Its dimensions are 14.2 x 9.8 x 0.7 inches.
- The laptop weighs 4.17 lbs.
How to Use Silhouette Cameo
You may have one of the best laptops for Silhouette Cameo. But if you doubt whether you can master the most powerful crafting tool or not, well, here is a good news waiting for you. Silhouette Cameo is easier to understand and use than you think. Just by considering a few simple steps and knowing about essential tips/tricks, you can become a ‘pro’ in no time!
Step 1: Unpack your product and start setting up your Silhouette Cameo.
Step 2: Install Silhouette Studio Software by heading over the Silhouette site.
Step 3: Plug your Cameo into the electricity supply. You can use the A/C adapter for connectivity. Then, connect it to your computer with the help of USB cable.
Step 4: Follow the on-screen pop-ups and connect your machine to the software.
Step 5: Activate Bluetooth. Wirelessly connect the cutter and your computer.
Step 6: Try to know and understand Silhouette Studio by just looking around. Explore the settings and various designing tools of Studio.
Step 7: Create something on the blank page. If you want to change the page dimensions, go to the Page Settings ribbon at the right-hand side of the screen.
Step 8: Adjust your cut settings. It is crucial to do it before sending the designs to Cameo to be sure about the accuracy and high-quality cutting. You can find out your cut settings under the Silhouette tab at the top of the screen.
Step 9: Select the material you want to use from the list. Or, you can also select the speed and thickness of the blade manually by choosing ‘Custom.’
Step 10: Prepare your Silhouette for cutting.
Prepare Your Cameo for Cutting
- Prepare the cutting mat
- Prepare the blades
- Adjust the rollers
How to Print and Cut
Step 1: Match the design size of your page and the paper you are printing on!
Step 2: Add in your design within the print area and registration marks.
Step 3: Print the document.
Step 4: Load it onto your cutting mat. Be careful about the alignments.
Step 5: Cut
The process of using Silhouette Cameo is easy. Isn’t it? We hope you have got a quick guide here, and now no one can stop you from creating magic. 😉 Keep up the best work and never stop exploring new avenues. All the best!
We hope you have been able to pick the best laptop for your Silhouette Cameo. Please let us know in the comments below which laptop you have decided to go with. Or, if you have any others that you think can make a list, Comment and we shall add them.