Hey there, automotive experts! Lovely to see you here.
We know you are looking for a good laptop for automotive tuning but let us ask you something – why buy a good one when the best ones are right here before your eyes?
Often, due to lack of knowledge or interest (or both) many automotive enthusiasts end up making poor choices. This is the concern we are addressing today in our article. Along with telling you how to look for the best laptops, we have enlisted our favorites so that you simply pick your favorite. Let’s get going then.
Finding the best laptop for automotive tuning
Before we jump ahead and go through our favorites, let’s find out how to find the best ones. Don’t worry, it is easy! Just keep the following in mind:
- Processor: You need at least Intel i5 for hassle-free tuning. Anything better is always good!
- RAM: You should not look at anything below 8 GB. Those who multi-task and are planning on using their laptop for different purposes should look at 16 GB and more.
- Storage: This doesn’t need to be a major preference. You can get a 128 GB laptop and it will be good enough. But of course, you may need more storage space for other purposes. So, make sure you list out all the reasons why you need a laptop and then decide how much space will be enough.
Other factors to consider include portability, battery life, and reliability.
Best laptop for automotive tuning
Drumroll please! We have come to the most important part of the article – the list! We won’t make you wait any further.
1. Lenovo Yoga 910
Lenovo has been a crowd favorite for a long time thanks to the excellent features it provides and the reliability users enjoy. The Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop is perfect for automotive tuning because over various reasons. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- It is powered by Intel i7-7500U processor (7th gen).
- The s10-point multi-touch screen measures 13.9 inches.
- It has an 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD.
- The laptop has a sleek, 360-degree flip-and-fold design that makes it super ergonomic and easy to use.
- It also comes with the Intel HD Graphics 620.
- The backlit keyboard has a fingerprint reader.
- It has a webcam with 2 microphones.
- It comes powered with Windows 10 (Home).
- The device has multiple connectivity ports such as USB Type C, Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11, etc.
- Lightweight and portable
- Very good touchscreen responsiveness
- Battery life is not great
- The quality of the display is not among the best
2. HP Spectre – X360 13t
This is a 13.3-inch delight from HP! The laptop comes with Windows 10 Pro and a whole lot of exciting features. Here’s a peek at what they are:
- It has minimum bezel, giving you more viewing area.
- It comes with a stylus pen and a sleeve along with a 1-year subscription of McAfee Internet Security.
- The laptop is powered by Intel Core i7 and has UHD Graphics 620.
- The diagonal FHD IPS Micro Edge laptop allows multi-touch and has a fingerprint reader.
- It has a RAM of 16 GB and SSD of 512 GB. You can also buy the 1 TB GB SSD variation depending on your preference.
- Connection ports include WiFi 802.11, Bluetooth, Thunderbolt, USB, headphones, etc.
- Its other features include a backlit keyboard, HP audio boost, quad speakers, and HP imagepad.
- Foldable laptop
- Sharp display
- Excellent storage capacity
- Not really portable
- Batter life is not too great
3. Dell XPS – 13-inch Laptop Computer
How can Dell stay behind? After all, we are talking about the best laptops for tuning cars! This upgraded model of Dell XPS is an absolute beast. It has exceptional features that make it a must buy. Let’s see what they are:
- It is powered by the 8th gen Intel Core i7 Processor (Quad Core).
- It has an 8 MB Intel Smart Cache, 8 GB RAM, and 512 GB SSD.
- It is a full HD laptop measuring 13.3 inches. The screen has non-touch infinity edge widescreen display (LED).
- The laptop comes integrated with Intel UHD Graphics 620 and Microsoft Windows 10 Home.
- To ensure good connectivity, it has multiple ports including Thunderbolt, headphone jack, Micro SD card reader, DisplayPort, etc.
- Other features include backlit keyboard, HD webcam, fingerprint reader, and stereo speakers.
- Good storage
- Responsive touchscreen
- Webcam position could be better
- Display clarity is not exceptional
4. Acer Swift 7 – 13.3-inch Laptop
You can never go wrong with Acer! It is an excellent brand that produces superior models of laptops that are hard to beat in terms of quality and price. Here’s why the Acer Swift laptop is an ace:
- It has the 7th gen Intel Core i7 Processor.
- The laptop has an 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD.
- The 13.3-inch laptop is a full HD model with widescreen IPS display and LED backlight.
- It also has Gorilla Glass 4.
- It has Windows 10 Home installed, which means you don’t need to buy it separately. However, if you want Microsoft Office, you can buy it as a bundle.
- The laptop boasts of 9 hours of battery life.
- The ultrathin form factor measures just 0.39 inches!
- It has the Acer Fingerprint Reader.
- Connectivity ports include USB, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.
- Lightweight and portable
- Superior display quality
- No backlit keyboard
5. ASUS Zenbook 13
ASUS is another lovely brand that we cannot stop praising. Despite being affordable, it has managed to keep the quality right up there with the best in its league. Let’s find out what its biggest features are:
- It is an ultra-slim laptop measuring 13.3 inches. It provides a wide viewing angle.
- It has the 8th gen Intel Core i5 Processor.
- The RAM is 8 GB strong and the SSD has 512 GB for you to explore.
- The laptop comes with extensive connectivity including HDMI, WiFi, Micro SD card reader, and USB.
- It already has Windows 10 installed.
- The keyboard is backlit and has a fingerprint scanner.
- Excellent construction
- Display could be better
No matter which one you choose from this list, you are sure to be happy with your choice.
If you have any questions or doubts, please do not hesitate to ask us. We look forward to your comments.